Background

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Insights


Neal A. Maxwell
This man is amazing. He is so straightforward in declaring and identifying the truth that we all need in our lives. Although he passed away in 2004, the things he taught years ago apply even today. I'm learning so much from him. And even just from his picture, I know that he truly cared for each and every one of us; remarkable example. This was a talk I found today that was given by him. It's called "Insights" (just from that title, you know it's gonna be good). Here's an apostle of the Lord giving us key information that the Lord wants us to know. Interestingly enough though, I found that many of the "insights" Elder Maxwell had were things that I should've already known, but like many of the principles of this gospel, we all need a little reminder every once in awhile. He talked mainly about how the Lord blesses us so much with so many things, and we need to reciprocate by being patient and understanding that all things will come to our knowledge slowly, but surely. I can't really summarize his talk without just quoting it word for word... So I'd definitely recommend reading it when you have some down time, or are in some need of spiritual guidance, but I'll give you a little sneak peek of an "insight" I had while reading this talk :)

"Petitioning in prayer has taught me, again and again, that the vault of heaven with all its blessings is to be opened only by a combination lock. One tumbler falls when there is faith, a second when there is personal righteousness; the third and final tumbler falls only when what is sought is, in God's judgment--not ours-- right for us. Sometimes we pound on the vault door for something we want very much and wonder why the door does not open. We would be very spoiled children if that vault door opened any more easily than it does. I can tell, looking back, that God truly loves me by inventorying the petitions He has refused to grant me. Our rejected petitions tell us much about ourselves but also much about our flawless Father."

Good stuff eh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment