"You've got troubles, I've got 'em too. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you. We stick together and can see it through, 'cause you've got a friend in me."
Background
Friday, June 3, 2011
Faulty Expectations
This week was a short week because of the holiday and today we had a midterm, so we only got one lecture in. But one thing that I read in the assigned chapter reading that I thought was interesting was what the book called a "private contract." It said that when a couple enters marriage they bring in individual, or "private," unspoken contracts that are basically expectations they have of their spouse and the marriage. It could be something like they agree to have a family, but the wife expects to start a family right away, and the husband expects to wait a few years. So they both agreed and talked about having children, but they both had different expectations on when that was going to happen. When I was reading that section, I just thought it was kind of interesting, and that it is so true, not only with marriage, but with other relationships as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment